
These are classroom pictures from yesterday, when I was busily getting the room ready for the students tomorrow! I converted a chalkboard that I won't need (I have a whiteboard on the other side) into a wall of popcorn words.

Popcorn words are sight words....the 100 most frequently used words in first grader texts. We will do a lot of journaling in my class....they can use the popcorn words as a reference instead of waiting for me to come help them spell...so they also practice self-reliance.

The literacy area is starting to be done...today I put some finishing touches and I will add more display books, that we will read this week,in the morning.

Still looking messy from this vantage point, but it is all straightened out now and ready for my students!

I've since added binders, journals, and name tags to the desks...and now they are just waiting for a first grader to sit down and begin learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment