Important Dates!

The firefighters will be here on Wednesday, October 18. We always look forward to their visit! They will teach us to Stop, Drop, and Roll...show us the fire truck...and sometimes they even let us try out the fire hose!

(Just found out the fire fighters have postponed. I'll post the new date when I find out.)












Thursday, August 27, 2009

Show and Tell

We had a great turn out for "Show and Tell" today! We saw pictures, vacation journals, various rocks, science kits, mobiles, a laughing mechanism.....and, unfortunately, one very dead wooly worm. What makes it worse is that the poor thing was living when he arrived at our classroom this morning....even worse is that our 'show and tell' is in the afternoon (and of course, he still had to be shown!) so he had to wait until late recess for a proper burial....which he received....complete with a few comments from the bereaved. He was put to rest under the large tree outside our window.....grave was decorated with leaves....I have found our class very much into pomp and circumstance :)
I am hoping next week's "Show and Tell" will not involve any requests for CPR!!!

No comments: