Important Dates!

The firefighters will be here on Wednesday, October 18. We always look forward to their visit! They will teach us to Stop, Drop, and Roll...show us the fire truck...and sometimes they even let us try out the fire hose!

(Just found out the fire fighters have postponed. I'll post the new date when I find out.)












Thursday, May 27, 2010

End of Year...

While there have been many days when I left school very tired...okay, exhausted...I am really feeling sentimental about the school year being over....I have loved this class...The children are creative and funny...serious and goal-setting....
Here are a few favorite quotes from this week (I won't use real names):

We have been very warm in our classroom this week and little Susie came up to me and in true Southern Belle fashion, while mopping her brow, said, "Mrs. Bode, I don't do summer very well." (For the record, neither do I!)

Little Johnny: Mrs. Bode, smell my hair!
Me: Ummmm.....no.
Little Johnny: Come on, Mrs. Bode, smell my hair!
Me: Okay....(I happily did not smell anything)....mmmmmm, great.
Little Johnny: yep. I took a bath.
The next day we had the same exact conversation, except at the end I said, "Little Johnny! A bath two days in a row! You are spoiling me!
Little Johnny, with a Cheshire grin: I know.

I had a boy tattling that a girl had "budged" him (the word they use for cutting in line)..I asked Susie: "Did you budge him?" (I was fully expecting a no answer.)
Susie: "Yes."
Me: Why?
Susie: Because I am a lady and ladies should be first.
What could I do with that kind of reasoning?! I, of course, told the boy to move back and let the lady in. :)

I told the children we had to be very orderly when some of the parents come to watch our plays on the last day of school...peace, sitting still, etc...
One little girl raised her hand and said, "Yeah, Mrs. Bode, cuz my mom won't do craziness. She will just say 'I am done with this craziness and will leave'. So I want everyone to be quiet.

No comments: