Important Dates!

The firefighters will be here on Wednesday, October 18. We always look forward to their visit! They will teach us to Stop, Drop, and Roll...show us the fire truck...and sometimes they even let us try out the fire hose!

(Just found out the fire fighters have postponed. I'll post the new date when I find out.)












Thursday, March 4, 2010

School Budget

As some of you may know, Illinois is in a huge budget crunch and the state education funds are taking a big hit. Govenor Quinn has a proposed budget and is willing to accept comments for a limited time. I would encourage any Illinois citizen to read it over and post a comment urging the governor to make education a priority in action, not just words.
(Please know I am non-partisan...just wanting everyone to be aware of the potential cuts the state schools are facing.)
Here is the governor's link:
http://www2.illinois.gov/budget/Pages/default.aspx

No comments: