Important Dates!

The firefighters will be here on Wednesday, October 18. We always look forward to their visit! They will teach us to Stop, Drop, and Roll...show us the fire truck...and sometimes they even let us try out the fire hose!

(Just found out the fire fighters have postponed. I'll post the new date when I find out.)












Friday, December 11, 2009

Back to the Grind of Things...


After taking some time to practice the ISAT Weekly Assessment, we are back to taking this test every Friday. It covers some of the topics/reading words we have been studying through the week. When the test is given, I read the entire story with the children and then read each question out loud for them to follow along. I always encourage them to go back and reread the story to confirm their comprehension questions, especially because the fill-in answer is worth two points.
We had a long talk today about trying our best, but knowing our self worth is not tied into what percentage our graded test shows. My students who typically do well on tests, but not necessarily today, were able to laugh at themselves when we went over the mistakes that were made. I encourage you to go over the test with your child, they will probably already be able to correct their mistakes.

No comments: